A USDA Home Loan, also known as the USDA Rural Development Guaranteed Housing Loan Program, is a mortgage loan offered to rural property buyers by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. It’s designed to benefit those buyers purchasing a home in these areas of the country.
Key Advantages of this Program
- No Down Payment Required and Larger Acreage Allowed – If you qualify for a USDA loan, the financing may make it possible for you to buy a home with more acreage than an FHA or Conventional loan will allow. You could do this and not need a down payment as USDA does not have a required minimum.
- Finance up to 100% – Qualified borrowers can financed up to 100% of the appraised value of the property. This means you could finance some or all of your closing costs!
Options & Benefits
- Financing can include all closing costs
- Up to 101% financing when the USDA Guarantee Fee is added to the loan
- No down payment required
- 30 year fixed rate term
- Manual underwriting available
- Cash reserves are not automatically required
- Annual guarantee fee of 0.35% (USDA’s version of mortgage insurance; paid monthly)
- Income limits apply and vary with location and household size
If you’d like more information on USDA loans or if you’re ready to apply and get preapproved, complete the contact form on the right where it says “How Can We Help” or click HERE.